SpineServ spezialises in mechanical testing of surgical implants, surgical instruments and implant materials.
Spinal implants, osteosynthesis implants, endoprostheses and dental implants, surgical instruments, implant materials and biomaterials undergo static testing (stiffness, strength), dynamic testing (fatigue testing), wear testing or corrosion testing either according to standards (ASTM, ISO) or following custom testing procedures.
Due to our expertise in biomechancis, medicine and biology we also offer our know-how to answer questions around the spine through scientifc consulting, expert opinion and literature reviews.
Foundation of SpineServ
SpineServ is a spin-off company of the research group of Prof. Dr. Hans-Joachim Wilke (Institute of Orthopaedic Research, University of Ulm, www.biomechanics.de). It was founded in 2007 and is specialized in providing a broad variety of services around the spine. Spineserv was recognized in 2008 as one of the top ranked start up companies in Baden-Württemberg.
Connection to University Research
We have longterm interdisciplinary specialist skills in mechanics, biomechanics, engineering and biology. Our close connection to university research in orthopaedic research and biomechanics guarantees consideration of the latest scientific knowledge.
PD Dr. Annette Kienle
Physician, Managing Director
- Medical degree at the University of Ulm
- Until end of 2007 scientific research associate at the Institute of Orthopaedic Research and Biomechanics
- Research focus on spinal biomechanics
- Ph.D. in spine biomechanics
- Habilitation with focus on whiplash injuries
- Since 2008 managing director of SpineServ
Prof. Dr. Hans-Joachim Wilke
Engineer, Scientific Board Member
- Professor at the University of Ulm
- Head of Spine Research Group and Vice Director of the Institute of Orthopaedic Research and Biomechanics, Ulm
- Scientific board member of SpineServ
Dr. Cornelia Neidlinger-Wilke
Biologist, Quality Management
- Master degree in biology at the University of Ulm
- Scientific research associate at the Institute of Orthopaedic Research and Biomechanics
- Ph.D. in cell biomechanics of fracture healing
- Research focus on intervertebral disc degeneration and tissue engineering
- Since 2008 Quality control manager SpineServ
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Nicolas Graf
Head of Implant Testing
- Medical engineering at the Applied University of Ulm
- 2008-2010 Diploma thesis in medical engineering and research assistant at the Institute of Orthopaedic Research and Biomechanics, University Ulm
- Since 2011 Head of Implant Testing at SpineServ